This year’s Isle of Wight Festival was one for the record books. The weather was a cool 24 degrees all weekend – without a drop of rain!
The sold-out event featured nearly 300 bands and musicians performing across eight stages including headliners Kasabian, Liam Gallagher, Depeche Mode and The Killers.
Isle of Wight Festival also celebrated 50 years since its first incarnation. In honour of that milestone, Saturday’s theme was gold and attendees were encouraged to dress in their most shiny, sparkly, glittering attire. There were people dressed as divas, gladiators and much more – we got a photo of the clever bunch that went as 24 carrots!
In addition, this was the first year that Isle of Wight Festival utilised our Front Gate platform. Here are a few interesting facts and observations about the ticketing from behind the scenes:
- Number of box offices: 3 (an increase from 2 last year)
- Number of staff members on site: 27 (including 4 field IT)
- Ability to utilise non-Ticketmaster staff that had never seen the Front Gate product before due to its ease of use
- Client Account Managers could set up access control reporting on the move from their phones which allowed supervisors to roam and manage staff onsite instead of tied to a computer
- Scanning and wristband exchange managed by a third party
Box offices ran smoothly throughout the Isle of Wight Festival due to the simplicity of our ticketing technology. Customer data was quick and easy to find due to its intuitive nature.
And more good news… Weekend tickets sold out. Only day tickets were available from Thursday, and on Saturday morning the call came that ALL tickets sold out. That meant over 60,000 people attended this year’s Isle of Wight Festival!
A good time was had by all – especially Doug, our SVP of Business Operations, who loves Depeche Mode. We can hardly wait for next year’s Isle of Wight Festival, coming 13 – 16 June 2019.
Our new Education Guide is out now! Click here to view.